Monday, April 28, 2014

Eldorado Canyon State Park ~ Camping Hiking and Butterflies

 
 
 

Eldorado Canyon State Park

 
 
 
Camping beside a mountain stream is the image conjured in my mind at the mention of camping.  My first response to an invitation to go camping in Minnesota was "Oh you have mountains around here?"  not to diminish lake camping in the flatlands, but there's just something about roughing it next to a mountain stream.

 
One could spend hours playing,
 

 
wading,

 
or simply chucking stones, for want of a big splash.  It's simply divine.

 
Not to mention a good hike through the woods on a hot summer day.

 
Taking in some beautiful scenery.

 
Looking for butterflies or birds.

 
Did I mention the beautiful scenery. 

 
Eldorado Canyon is where I want to go on my next camping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment