Monday, April 7, 2014

Castles of Colorado ~ Castle Eyrie ~ Idaho Springs

 

Castle Eyrie


One day while sitting in Beaujos, we noticed a picture of a castle on the wall.  Upon asking the waitress, we found she knew little more than we did about the place.  After looking in my castle book we made another attempt to find it . . . To no avail.  This fall we made one more attempt to find it, while we were up taking pictures of fall colors.  I guess third time is the charm.  Its right in Idaho Springs on one of the off streets.  They have it pretty well camouflaged surrounded by foliage.  One could easily drive right by it completely missing it.  Being a private residence I can see why the owners would value their privacy.  Still ever the tourist even in my own state I was happy to finally make such a find.  Should you care to see more of our castle adventures you can find them here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment