Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Denver Light Rail~Take a Ride Downtown

 
 
Riding the Light Rail, is something I've wanted to do for quite some time.  They put on a free day, in honor of opening day for the new section out to Golden, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out.
 
 
One of the things I dislike about going downtown,

 
Is the traffic, and finding a place to park.

 
The Light Rail is the perfect solution to both.

 
Plus it's great fun.


 
Even for the grown ups.

 
Maybe not something I'ld like to do everyday,

 
but for a special outing, it's perfect.

 
We spent a while down town, and then headed toward Golden. 
 
That section of the track, was incredibly packed, so when the girls started getting antcy...

 
we got off and headed back into the city, found some grub, and headed home.
 
Keep a watch for a future watch on 16th Street mall...

 
 Joining Sky Watch

10 comments:

  1. Great seeing your train station. I have featured a train station too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sky in your serie of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day, riding the light rail and eating out. Wonderful series of images. Thanks for sharing, happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Colorado. I worked a couple summers at a camp in Idaho Springs. We'd visit Denver on our days off. I love the mountains.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't yet ridden the light rail, but it does look convenient if you're near a stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This country needs more good public transportation! Especially going into the City, what a great option. Love those Colorado blue skies -- hoping to get some time in your beautiful state this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My late dad worked 40 years in public transportation in Atlanta. This was very interesting to see and read for me.
    Thank you for your visits to my blog. Until today, I was unable to click on your name to get to your blog.
    Wishing you a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fantastic! I would love to do this..

    ReplyDelete