Monday, June 3, 2013

The Royal Gorge ~Panning for Gold, Wildlife Viewing, and Tramway

 
The Royal Gorge also has gold panning,

 
a variety of animals,
 

 
including the legendary white buffalo,


 
a gondola(this picture was taken from inside the gondola),

 
and a tramway to the bottom.

 
the descent was a little bumpy.  Quite an experience if you ask me.

 
From the bottom we were able to see the Royal Gorge Train,


 
the river.

 
and the gondola crossing back and forth.

 
Joining Blue Monday
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, you're braver than me!

    Thanks for playing.

    Happy 1st Blue Monday, Vickie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful shots. I would love to try gold panning wish I could.

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun adventure! Great shots and thanks for joining the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful trip to the Royal Gorge, we were there several years ago. Our Son and his family live in Colorado--have taken in many of the beautiful sights.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one adventure that some people (not I!) would never participate in.

    Child in Red

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek, that gondola looks very high up! This looks like an exciting trip - so many great things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great place to visit. My boys would love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not believe I could have gotten into the cage -- go you! Awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very slow descent. Not like a roller coster. One of my daughters was a little scared.

      Delete
  9. Wow! That's pretty high up! Love the red color of the gondola. I'd take a ride in it, but I wouldn't look down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. did you find enough gold to take an early retirement?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect family outing (this great-grandmother would enjoy it too!)

    ReplyDelete