Friday, May 31, 2013

Cafe Paprika ~ A Restauraunt with Mediterranean and Moroccan Cuizine

 
 
Moroccan Food has been a long time favorite of mine.  My first experience with Moroccan food, was while Steve and I were on our Honey Moon in Colorado Springs.  A while back I visited Café Paprika with Steve, unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera along. 

 
This time I made it a point, to take my camera, and of course took lots of pictures.  As you can see, the café provides a beautiful desert atmosphere, complete with murals and wonderful décor.

 
I love the scene of the camel and traveler wandering through the desert.

 
The owner Chakib Marrakchi has spent a lifetime exploring the worlds of his native cuisine. Although he studied to become a doctor in his country, blessing us with a taste of the exotic for over 20 years, has been his chosen profession. 

 
I truly enjoy it, when someone is willing to take the time to tell me about the food I'm eating.

 
Chakib kindly took the time to do so.

 
Such a rare treat in our busy world.

The meal starts with an Herbal Green Tea and Bastilla.  Apparently, no party is complete with this delicious hors d'oeuvre, made with a light fluffy puff pastry and chicken filling and topped with powdered sugar. Quite a treat.

Followed by, the Middle Eastern Sampler, which included Hummus, Baba Ghanouj, and Falafel. The Falafel, a deep fried mixture of ground chickpeas, onions, garlic, and cilantro is wonderful paired with the two dipping sauces Baba Ghanouj and Hummus.


 
 
 
 
I also enjoyed a Lamb sandwich on pita. 
 
 
Another more traditional Moroccan dish is the Lamb Shank. Each dish brings a delightful sensation to the taster, somewhat foreign to those accustomed to a more fast food style dish.  What a fantastic place to eat.

 
Joining 1440
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds delicious. And your previous post makes me want to go to the Royal Gorge again, and since we have visitors that's a good reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had Moroccan food, but it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. food and photos the best part about traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat place to visit! That food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be such a fun event to attend!

    ReplyDelete