Thursday, May 9, 2013

Plains Conscervation Center

 

If you've been a reader long, I'm sure by now you're aware, that I enjoy finding kid friendly,
 
hands on, learning experiences for my children.

 
My friend Terilyn{we had a wonderful time, thanks for inviting us}, who's been there before,

 
suggested this outing with the kids.

 
We had a wonderful time, exploring the tee pees, log cabins,

 
machine shop,  and most of all feeding the chickens.

 
My older two girls decided to try their hand at catching them.

 
These foul were quite tame.  They had no problem, walking right up to them and picking them up.


 
I guess it didn't hurt, that we had food to offer them.

 
A covered (or in this case, an uncovered) wagon, is always a big hit. 

 
They love climbing inside.  For me that's always a good chance to take pictures.

 
I love this chair.  I would love to have one in my garden.

 
Someone with brilliant wood skills, made it.

 
Joining NF Winged
 
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a great fun place to visit. Those chickens look like they have their PJs on :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful series of photos. Sounds like your children had a great time, I would if I was there. The chickens are cute. Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots. Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a neat place. I was looking at your Cliff Dwellings post below, despite living in CS for over 20 years I still haven't been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al,I love CS there are so many neat things to do in your neck of the woods! I'm sure you'll enjoy the Cliff Dwellings, when you do decide to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a great time. Looks like a very interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a really cool place

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great place to take children. Thanks for posting your great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this looks like it was a great day! I'm glad everyone had fun and the girls caught a chicken. What did they think once they had it??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like the perfect day for you and your children!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week.
    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day you all had! So happy to meet you and I am your newest follower.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a grand, unique experience! Love those teepees and the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really enjoy the tepees. so cool! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely relaxing photos, thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun place to visit! I am following your blog on facebook networked blogs now. It is nice to find another Coloradan's blog and I enjoyed looking through many of your posts.

    ReplyDelete