Friday, July 15, 2016

Bakersville Waterfall Hike




This beautiful waterfall is one of the many you


can see on your drive up I 70 into the mountains from Denver.


Upon spotting it one day, we decided


we might it might be a really good hike.


In both beauty


and challenge


our hike didn't


disappoint.


In some ways,


it actually exceeded


expectations.


I really never been


afraid of heights,


or climbing.


As a child I was always the first or second one to climb an obstacle course,


or jump a stream.  When they say having kids makes you more cautious ,


I had no idea, it would catch up to me on this hike.


My center of balance has changed, and somewhere near the top I slipped and realized...


What goes up must come down.  Needless to say,  we found an alternate route down and I'm becoming a little more cautious in my old age :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment